These were made on Wednesday at a workshop at Craft Inspirations, Sutton Coldfield, the tutor again was Shirley.
The card with the 3 tiles was done by stamping onto chipboard, then coloured in with coloursoft pencils, it was then covered over with a versamark clear pad and dipped in to UTEE (ultra thick embossing powder) and melted using a heat gun. The coloured card was Bazzill stock and edged using a Fiskars border punch called Threading Water(Fiskars haven't got it in the UK for some reason, it's sold out most places I've looked). We all found out that if you colour on the wrong (matt)side of the chipboard the colours stay true, but on the shiny side they come out paler, which is the look we were aiming for. My flowers look orange, the lady who was sitting next to me her's looked a lovely pale peach. The greeting is from Craftwork Cards.
The pink card was done by triple embossing a small circular chipboard that had been coloured using a pink colourbox chalk queue, and again covering it with a clear versamark pad, dipping into UTEE, then heat embossed, this was done 3 times (that's why it's called triple embossing...lol) stamping an acrylic stamp (or woodbacked, the choice is yours) with black staz-on ink and stamping directly onto the melted embossing powder, you have to be quick to do the stamping part, the best way to do it is have your ink already on the stamp, and leave it resting on top of the pad to keep it moist ready for stamping on to the melted powder. Wait for at least 20 seconds before removing the stamp off the circle. The next pink circle was normal card stock that had been patted all over with a colour box chalk queue and edged with a deeper colour, then stamped using staz-on with the same design, the circular tile then covers the top part of the flower. The scalloped circle was done using a Cricut cartridge (sorry, I can't remember which one Shirley told us). Backing paper is on a 6x6 pad by Craftworks. Small black flowers punched, with sticky gems in the middle. Greeting is black peel offs.
The stamps were from Woodware 'clear magic stamps' JRCL308 Flower Frames.
The next two were made last week with Shirley. The owl and branch is on the Storybook Cricut cartridge using black and dark pink Bazzill card stock, and purple brads. Backing paper again is off the 6x6 pad by Craftwork Cards as is the greeting and frame. The frame was coloured using a pink colour box chalk queue and edged with black chalk queue, this will look like dark grey when it's done.
The next one as you can see is another frame card, backing paper and greeting as above. The frame was coloured in yellow by chalking (not chalk queue) over lightly till it was completely covered, then the flowers were gone over again in the same colour to make them darker, flowers were also punched out an stuck on randomly, stickles then added to the middle of the punched flowers. The frame was edged in a darker shade of yellow using a colourbox chalk queue. Woodware punch was used for the large flower, and a small circle punch for the middle. The flower was then put through a cuttle bug using the swiss dots folder and then lightly sanded over. The card stock for this is from the coredination range. This is instead of having a white core, it has a core colour that co-ordinates with the surface colour. It's so much better than having white all the time.
It was also used on one of the christmas cards in yesterday's post. The blue 3 wise men that's also cuttlebugged.
The 2 below are what I made when Lisa was the tutor at Craft Inspirations earlier this month. She showed us how to create a background using stamps. If you take a look at her blog The Craftbugs she will tell you so much better than me how to achieve these 2 cards!
Inkadinkado '97632 Sketchy Flourishes'
These are my versions of the ones made at the work shop. I used white core for the punched flowers.
The dufex ones are quickies that still have to have bits and bobs added, don't know why I thought they'd be quick, as I sat for ages cutting them out.
I couldn't find some christmas cards that I'd made last month, especially one that I hadn't finished.....I found them last night in the drawer with cards that I'd made at craft classes. I'm still putting them on here as they'll be a reminder that I haven't sent them to anyone!
The waterfall card, again was made at Craft Inspirations with Shirley as the tutor. I can't tell you how it was done as I can't remember the measurements. If I remember, I'll ask Shirley what they were. I do know that they're slightly bigger than the templates I've seen, they all seem to be very small and fiddly to put together.
The next two were made using Kanban toppers, papers are from my stash.
I used Art Kure brush paint pens to watercolour the snowmen, Penny Black 'Snow Family' and discovered that if used on pearlescent card that the colours also have that nice pearly look as well.
Penny Black 'Snowy' again watercoloured with Art Kure brush pens on pearlescent card. The one beside it was made using Kanban toppers.