Saturday 15 August 2009

Another catch up



Image from Penny Black 'Birthday Balloons' stamped with black versafine ink, coloured with promarkers. Green card from stash and run through the cuttlebug using 'Swiss Dots' embosing folder. Multi coloured dotty paper and ribbon are freebies. Fushia and Teal spotty flowers from Petaloo Mulberry Street Embossed Daisies. Teal brad from stash. Insert papers punched with EK Success 'Swiss Cheese'.


Image by Stamps Happen '60082 Chic' coloured with promarkers, mounted on black pearl card scalloped using Go Kreate die. Red spotty paper (other side is plain) by Bo Bunny 'Harvest Dot', plain side of paper matted on to black pearl card.

I was asked to make 3 christening cards for children who range from 7 to 11 years of age. I didn't want to make them in the usual blue or pink colours as I thought that would look too babyish, so I went for ivory and taupe.I've only shown two of them as I made the ones for the girls the same. The first one was for the 10 year old girl. Ivory card had circle aperture using a nestie then embossed with cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder, then matted on to taupe card, the circle left from the cut out was then put at the opposite end and name added. I try not to use peel off letters if I can help it, but as I had 3 cards to do I didn't want to risk making any mistakes using my hot foil, hence the peel offs. The cross was bought at the NEC at a trade show (the company were selling off things at 50p, they're not supposed to sell at a trade show!) Sticky gems from Artoz stuck to two of the corners.

The one below it is for the 7 year old boy, I ran the taupe card through the cuttlebug using the 'Flourish Frame' cross and sticky gems as before.




Image from Pink Gem Designs 'Max & Frog' stamped with versafine ink and coloured with Derwent Watercolour Pencils, card cut with Go Kreate die 'Pointy Frame #1' Basic Grey Lily Kate 'Twinkle' sentiment from Craftwork Cards

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin