Monday 12 April 2010

Flipping codes

I've spent most of the morning trying to change the layout of my blog .....easier said than done.  I kept getting a message saying there was a problem with the code, anyway I've got it sorted but whenever I sign in I still see my old layout before it changes to the new one and I can't find the old code to delete it, no matter how much I search for it, I've no idea if anyone else sees the old black/white/red layout, maybe you could let me know.

Mike woke me up in the early hours getting up to look out the window as he thought he'd heard something outside, luckily I fell back asleep, normally once I'm awake that's it, but I woke up again about 7.30 ish and just couldn't  get my bum out of the bed, I was planning on doing more ironing but just couldn't be bothered.  That's when I hit on the idea to change my blog.......note to self: think ideas through when you're more wide awake.
Anyway here's some more makes.
All 3 cards have been made using Craftwork Cards papers apart from the flowers and the sentiments on the first 2 cards, they're done with Spellbinder 'Label 4' dies and good old peeloffs from my stash.

Image is the Lavender Flower Fairy that I bought secondhand years ago off ebay, I watercoloured it with Whisper markers.  Dark blue card has been embossed using Cuttlebug Embossing Borders 'Frills Set' and then distressed.

This was made for a little girl who lives a few doors away from me, for her 7th birthday.  She had Tinkerbell on her cake, so I carried the theme on.  Cuttlebug embossing folder for Tinkerbell was watercoloured with Sakura Stardust pens. Borders were punched with Martha Stewart deep edge punch 'Floral Vine', fairy charm from stash.  The card is an 8x8 from Craftwork Cards
Another quick card that was commissioned.  Image from Elzybells and coloured with copics, peel offs from stash.

This was another quick card, and I was asked to put the receipients name on (I hate doing those kind) but as the person who wanted it said she wanted one of my £2 cards, it doesn't leave a lot of room to really titify the card up (card is 12cm x 12cm) and as I know the receipient loves going to the ballet, I thought this would suit her to the ground. The decoupage image is off FeeJDesigns disc 'Ballet Belles' the backing paper is craft work cards (again!)

Image from Penny Black 2376K 'Toot the Flute' and 'Musical Birthday' BK2040LC from Butterfly kisses. Shaped frame by Go Kreate.  Backing paper is a freebie, flower from stash.

Belles 'n' Whistles 'Sunshine and Apples' coloured with Copics.  Papers by Papermania 'Capsule Collection' in Aqua.  Sentiment from Craftwork Cards, flower from stash.
This was made for a friend's little girl whose birthday we missed, so rather than make a belated card, I made a wall plaque instead.  Image is from sugar Nellies 'Daisy' coloured with Copics.  Butterfly is Cuttlebug 'Cut 'n' Emboss' flower from stash.  Pointy frame by Go Kreate was embossed using Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder.

Image is from Sugar Nellies 'Picking Apples' coloured with Copics, lemon paper punched with Martha Stewart deep edge punch 'Flower Bed', double sided backing paper from Stampin' Up.
Another £2 card ordered by someone, I wasn't happy with this but she liked it.  Bears are Penny Black 'Bear Blanks' 1450E & 1451F coloured with Copics.  Cuttlebug embossing folder 'Happy Birthday'.
Forever Friends image 'I'll Drink To That' coloured with copics.  Basic Grey paper is from a 6 x 6 pad called 'Two Scoops' and this particular design is called 'Swirl'.  Pink card is done with Martha Stewart deep edger punch 'Floral Vine'.  Sentiment is from Craftwork Cards.

My first ever easel card and Gorjuss Girl! 'Flower Girl' coloured with Promarkers. Red card is Bo Bunny Double Dot 'Harvest Dot'.  Border done with Martha Stewart 'Flower Bed'.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin