Sunday 11 April 2010

Lazy Sunday afternoon.......

Well it was for me, seeing as how I was up at 7am just to start catching up on the ironing and finishing off a wee bit of washing.  I don't know why I do it, leave the ironing for ages....then have a mad spurt sitting with the steam press watching old episodes of Dynasty and Melrose Place. 

Last night I uploaded all photos that were on my mobile, and two other cameras, then sorted them in to their own folders, it took hours as some were duplicated and I had to keep checking and deleting. A majority of them are of Shane, the rest were of cards.  At least now Michael can't moan at me about the cameras being full.

This little lot are what I made a little while ago.

This was a sympathy card made for a neighbour who died a couple of months ago.  I'm hopeless at Sympathy cards, so I used a design that Shirley had done at Craft Inspirations.  The  turquoise card is from Inspire Me Papers, while  the ivory paper is from my stash.  The metal (tin?) leaves are from Artoz as are the light blue sticky pearls, peel off also from stash.

The two above were a variation on a theme of a card I made at Craft Inspirations, which I'll post when I sort out all the the other workshop cards.  The butterfly card was punched with Martha Stewart Floral Lace edge punch, dark yellow card is DCWV and embossed with Cuttlebug 'Victoria' A2 Embossing folder, butterflies were punched with an x-cut punch,  large flower was made with a Woodware punch.  red card exactly the same except edges were punched with Fiskars 'Scalloped Lace' and smaller flowers were from stash.

This was a design I saw in a Crafts Beautiful book, can't remember the title at the moment though, but I remember only paying £5 at the NEC on the CB stand. Don't think any explanation is needed on how to make this......simples!

This another easy one, Penny Black 'A Touch' 3820K  coloured with Promarkers, and mounted onto purple and silver 'bubbly' type card. Black card is by Paper Mania.

Apologies for the quality of this photo, I used my phone to take it, but I must have moved before it took it fully.  This was sent to Shane's grand-dad for his birthday.  Image is another Penny Black one 'Imagine' 3694K.  Think I used copics to colour. Spellbinder die 'Labels 4' was used for the sentiment that Shane wrote, everything else is from stash. 
This is to Mike's dad.  I was stuck as to what image to put on the front, then realised I didn't need to have an image.  Ribbon and peel offs from stash.  Cuttlebug A2 embossing folder 'Herringbone' used, and Spellbinder nestabilities 'Labels 4' die.

Huh, not impressed with myself, it's only 9.15pm and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open, but I think that's more to do with the fact I've put the heating on as it's gone chilly, nonetheless I'm off to bed.  Mike is giving Shane a bath, they've been down to the skate park, earlier this evening but only because there's no school tomorrow, otherwise they would have gone this afternoon, so I'll bid you all goodnight.

1 comment:

Susan.... said...

Hi Denyze,
Just been catching up with your blog and admiring all your lovely cards !
Hope you and yours are all well.We had a nice time in the Uk.l got to visit the Bullring shopping mall too. Sam took me to a garden centre where there was a craft area, so l picked up a few bits, which was great.Time was against us, being as it was a short trip and the Easter period.
Hugs
Susan x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin