Saturday 17 April 2010

More workshop makes

As I mentioned the other day, I had some other makes that I was going to put on here...well here they are!

This was done using alcohol inks, it was the first time any of us had used them and we all agreed that we would use them again.
This is the inside of the tin (obviously!!) I did mine wrong, but I can't remember what it was that I did.
This was lovely to make but also awkward at the same time, we had to draw around the front cover of the butterfly, then around the back cover as believe it or not they were ever so slightly different sizes.  Card candy from Craftwork Cards, as is the butterfly, not sure what paper was used. Pink dotty ribbon from Bo Bunny.

As you can see, this wasn't easy to photograph, and I don't know why I even bothered putting it on black card.  Card was core'dinations. Butterfly was a cut n' emboss Cuttlebug, the flowers were Woodware punches, circles and scallops and the tag are nesties, ladybird and bee were already cut out for us. I had the idea I would get some more of these paint tubs to store my pens/pencils but then I wouldn't be able to put the lid on, so that was a no go.

Even though this was a workshop card I had to make it at home as I felt unwell at the shop and left after the first hour.  I only got round to making it yesterday and the fiddliest bit was threading the ribbon through the button holes, apart from that it was easy peasy, I punched the flowers using an EK Success retro flower punch. White card was punched with EK Success 'Diamond Lace'.

We made easel cards last Wednesday.  The image is Sugar Nellies 'Pet's Corner' coloured in with promarkers, white and blue card edged with the same punch as above.  The white card candy was coloured with grey promarker as I preferred it, (the sample card had grey ones on). The card with the image was wiped around with distress ink 'old paper' (I think) Sentiment also from craftwork cards.  Not sure where the backing paper came from.
This is Gorjuss Girls 'Flower Girl' again coloured with promarkers. The flowery paper was 7 circles using a 1 inch punch (could've been 1.5 can't remember what Shirley said), both size flowers are cut with retro flower punches by EK Success.

That's it as far as workshop stuff is concerned until next Wednesday when I'm back at Craft Inspirations for some more marvelous makes with Louise & Shirley.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin