Saturday 10 April 2010

Peace & Quiet

I've just had a nice relaxing shower without anybody knocking on the bathroom door asking to come in to use the loo, by that I mean Shane, who no matter how many times you ask him if he needs to go to the toilet before either his dad or I have a shower, you can guarantee he'll always come up saying he needs to go to the loo.  Mike had tickets for The Gadget Show at the NEC so they're there for the afternoon, while I get some more washing done and carry on blogging whilst watching the omnibus of Coronation Street. 

This was an order for someone who said make it as pink as possible!  Image is Sad bear by The Artful Stamper and coloured with Promarkers, I added the flowers behind his back, they're from a pack of watercolour stamps bought from Sir Stampalot.  Prima flowers, papers from stash. Greeting was done on the 'puter. Ovals cut with Go Kreate dies.  For a change I thought I'd have a go at decorating the inside, mainly because the card was an 8x8 from Craftwork Cards and I couldn't  be bothered attempting to do a traditional insert. I decorated the envelope as well.
This was a very quick card, as Mike told me about 30 mins before he went out the door that he was going to see a friend whose wife had had another baby.  I would have liked to have done a better one than this, in fact I did do another but I wasn't happy with it because I hadn't left any room on the front for the name and date of birth.  Anyway, they liked the one that they had in the end.  Image is by Denami, the safety pin image is by Judikins, bear & pins were heat embossed and pins were watercoloured with light blue sakura stardust pen.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin